Add photos to your artists.
Artist photos allow listeners to easily identify your artist throughout Apple Music and the iTunes Store. We strongly recommend adding a photo to represent each artist, as Artist Images are displayed in search results, listener libraries, similar artist suggestions, and on playlist pages where their song is included.
You'll be able to submit artist photos based on the following criteria:
- You’ve delivered content by that artist to Apple.
- The artist has content available on Apple Music or the iTunes Store.
- The artist hasn’t been assigned to a different iTunes Connect user with the Image Manager role.
- A different content provider hasn’t previously uploaded a photo for that artist.
When submitting artist photos, keep the following in mind:
- You can upload and choose one photo to represent your artist across Apple Music and the iTunes Store, and this is known as the Artist Image.
- Only iTunes Connect users with the Admin, Technical, or Image Manager role can upload photos.
- Admin users can assign the Image Manager role to people outside of your label or organization, for example your artist's publicist.
- You can download an Artist Images report containing a list of your artists from the Catalog Reports section of iTunes Connect.
Artist photos must be:
- A 1:1 ratio square and at least 2400 x 2400 pixels
- A clean and clear representation of the artist
- Free of any borders, logos, or website addresses
For more information on specifications on artist photos, see the Artist Images Guidelines.