Affiliate program and the Apple Music API.
Developers can use the Apple Music API to identify non-subscribers, and utilize the affiliate program for upsell to earn commission on qualifying memberships to Apple Music. Learn more about the Affiliate program.
Apple Music API
Using the Apple Music API, iOS developers can directly integrate their apps with Apple Music. Developers will be able to use the API to:
- See if a user has an active Apple Music subscription.
- Control playback on the user's device.
- Queue up next songs for playback based on song ID.
- Create new playlists on the user's device, or add songs to an existing playlist.
- See the country where the user's account is based.
Browsing the Apple Music catalog is available to all users, but playback of full songs is only supported for Apple Music Members. To learn more about the API and how it can be used, see Apple Music Best Practices for App Developers.