Why was my podcast rejected or removed?
Podcasts, and content linked from podcasts, cannot contain any of the following:
- Password protection
- Use of explicit language in the podcast when the
<explicit> tag is not set to “yes”
- Explicit or self-censored explicit language in podcast titles, subtitles, or descriptions
- References to illegal drugs, profanity, or violence in the podcast title, description, or artwork
- Content that could be construed as racist, misogynist, or homophobic
- Content depicting graphic sex, violence, gore, illegal drugs, or hate themes
- Third-party trademarks or content without authorization or usage rights
- The words “Apple Music,” “Podcasts app,” “iTunes Store,” “iTunes,” or “Apple Inc.”
- Content which is irrelevant or spam
- iTunes Store logo, Apple logo, Apple Podcasts logo, or the term “Exclusive” without prior authorization from Apple
Podcasts with technical problems or without any episodes will be removed. If you do not update your podcast with new episodes, your podcast may disappear from some areas of Apple Podcasts but will continue to be available via search on Apple Podcasts and in the Podcasts app.