When do reports become available?
You can download reports at the following times:
- Daily reports are available the following day.
- Weekly reports are available on Mondays.
- Monthly reports are available five days after the end of the month.
- Yearly reports are available six days after the end of the year.
Summary Sales, Magazines & Newspapers Detailed, and Opt-In reports are available by 6 AM in the time zone for the agreement and territories covered by that report. Subscription reports (including the Subscription Event and Subscriber reports) are available by 8 AM.
If a report covers multiple time zones, availability will be based on the latest time zone covered by that report.
How do Sales and Trends reports define a day, week, or month?
Reports use the following definitions for periods of time:
- A day starts at 12:00:00 AM and ends at 11:59:59 PM in the time zone for a territory.
- A week starts on Monday at 12:00:00 AM and ends on Sunday at 11:59:59 PM in the time zone for a territory.
- A month starts on the first day of the month at 12:00:00 AM and ends on the last day of the same month at 11:59:59 PM in the time zone for a territory.
- A year starts on January 1 at 12:00:00 AM and ends on December 31 at 11:59:59 PM in the time zone for a territory.
Note that Sales and Trends reports aren't based on the Apple fiscal calendar.
What time zone is used for reports?
Report time zones are based on the territories covered by each agreement:
- United States, Canada, Latin America: Pacific Standard Time (PST)/Pacific Daylight Time (PDT)
- Europe, Middle East, Africa: Central Europe Time (CET)
- Japan, Asia Pacific: Japan Standard Time (JST)
- Australia, New Zealand, Papua New Guinea, Solomon Islands: Australian Western Standard Time (AWST)
If an agreement covers more than one territory, then reports will use the time zone with the latest time. Reports for worldwide agreements use PST/PDT.
Do yearly, monthly, and weekly reports include the daily reports?
Yes, these reports use the same data and include daily reports.
Why don't my Sales and Trends reports match up with reports from Payments and Financial Reports?
Sales and Trends reports include all transactions of the day. They are provided so that you can get next-day data on your business and use the standard calendar. Units and proceeds from Sales and Trends are only estimates and should not be considered final.
Reports from the Payments and Financial Reports section of iTunes Connect only include processed transactions and are based on the Apple fiscal period. Several factors impact the financial processing status, such as amount due, country or region of purchase, number of hours since purchase, content type, credit checks, and fraud rules. The payments in Payments and Financial reports are final.
Reconciling between Sales and Trends and Payments and Financial reports is not recommended due to these differences.
How long are reports available for download?
Full reports can be downloaded from the Reports pane as follows:
- Daily, weekly, and monthly reports are saved for one year after they become available.
- Yearly reports are saved indefinitely.
We don't store or regenerate reports for download after these time periods expire.
How do I open my downloaded reports?
Reports are downloadable as tab-delimited text (.txt) files compressed in gzip (.gz) format. To view a downloaded report:
- Unzip the compressed gzip (.gz) file by opening it or using a utility.
- Open the extracted tab-delimited text (.txt) file in a spreadsheet application.
Opt-In reports are password-protected ZIP files, with a new password generated for each download. You can view this unique password on the Reports page. To open these files, use a decompression tool that supports password-protected ZIP files.
Can I see reports for my old legal entity name after I switch to a new legal entity name?
If you have recently completed a legal entity name change, the new legal entity name has been set up as a new vendor with a new vendor ID.
Reports that are available for download will be reported separately under the new vendor ID. Information from multiple vendor IDs cannot be consolidated but previous reports are still available in Sales and Trends on iTunes Connect.
Why do my reports show some transactions with a negative amount?
We provide refunds if the customer experience was unsatisfactory due to content or quality.
Are the proceeds in the Sales and Trends reports final?
No, these are only estimates based on daily downloads. Your final proceeds can be found in Payments and Financial Reports.
Can I download my sales reports without using iTunes Connect?
Yes, we have a command line tool, Reporter, which you can use to automate downloads of your Sales and Trends reports or Payments and Financial reports.
How can I download my sales reports if I have multiple providers linked to my Apple ID on iTunes Connect?
You can still download all sales reports for these providers if you have the right user role. Simply choose a different provider from the menu in Payments and Financial Reports, and on the other pages on iTunes Connect. To download your reports without using iTunes Connect, use our command line tool, Reporter.
What is Reporter?
Reporter is a command-line tool that lets you automate the downloading of your Sales and Trends reports and Payments and Financial reports. To learn more, check out the Reporter User Guide.