How can I get my music, music videos, and concert films on Apple Music and iTunes?
Apple receives content via a delivery process. Because approval is selective, we encourage applicants that do not own or control an extensive catalog of content to work with an Apple-preferred distributor or encoding house to help with the delivery process.
Once minimum requirements are met, established providers can apply to become an approved encoding house by contacting us.
What are Apple-preferred distributors and encoding houses?
Apple-preferred distributors and encoding houses help you reach a worldwide audience through Apple Music and iTunes. These partners are referred to as content providers.
• Preferred Distributors must consistently meet strict delivery targets and are evaluated by Apple to ensure they have the necessary tools and expertise for music distribution.
• Preferred Encoding Houses assist distributors with the technical aspects of distribution for your music, music videos, and concert films.
What are the minimum requirements for delivery?
To deliver your music to Apple Music and iTunes you must have the following:
- A U.S. Tax ID. The U.S. Tax ID must match the ID on file with the IRS
- A valid iTunes account which includes an Apple ID, with a credit card on file
- A Mac running OS X 10.10 or later
- At least 512 MB RAM
- At least 20 GB of available storage space (more for larger catalogs) is recommended
- A broadband internet connection with an upload rate of 1 MB/sec or faster is recommended
- UPCs, EANs, JANs for all products you intend to distribute
- ISRCs for all tracks you intend to distribute
If you meet the requirements, submit an application, and complete an agreement.
Keep in mind that completing an application and meeting the minimum requirements does not guarantee your application will be accepted.
Will I receive notifications about the status of my application?
If your application is accepted, you will receive an invitation to iTunes Connect. Make sure your account is set up to receive email from email@example.com and check any spam filters associated with your email account.
I received an invitation... now what?
Follow the invitation link in your email to log in to iTunes Connect and do the following:
- Access iTunes Connect.
- Set up Agreements, Tax, and Banking. If the U.S. Tax ID does not match your application, it may result in a TIN Match fail.
- Add iTunes Connect Users and Roles.
- Download iTunes Producer.
- Review the Apple Music Style Guide and iTunes Video and Audio Asset Guide to learn more about delivery.
You are now ready to deliver your music to Apple Music and iTunes.