Music Delivery Tools
Label representatives, distributors, and encoding houses must deliver music to Apple Music and the iTunes Store using two delivery tools — iTunes Producer or Transporter. After deliveries ingest, you’ll use iTunes Connect to manage various aspects of your music.
Refer to Work with Apple Music to find out which delivery method fits your qualifications.
Deliver your music
iTunes Producer overview
iTunes Producer is Apple’s exclusive macOS software to help you deliver new releases and manage previous deliveries on Apple Music and the iTunes Store. Use iTunes Producer to attach audio files, and provide metadata and other digital package essentials.
- A Mac running OS X version 10.13 or later
- At least 20 GB of available hard disk space
- A broadband internet connection with an upload speed of 1 Mb/s or faster
Download iTunes Producer and the user guide from the Tools section of Resources and Help.
Submit your release with iTunes Producer
- Sign in to iTunes Producer using your iTunes Connect sign-in information (Apple ID and password).
- Create your release.
- Describe your release.
- Deliver your digital package.
If you’re making changes to existing deliveries, you can simply open an existing package or look up metadata for an existing delivery. Visit Featured Tasks in Using iTunes Producer to learn more.
Submit your release with Transporter
Transporter is Apple’s Java-based command-line tool available only for approved distributors or encoding houses with large catalog deliveries. If approved, sign in to iTunes Connect to download Transporter.
- macOS 10.6 or later (64-bit system)
- Microsoft Windows 7, 8, 10, or later (64-bit system)
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux (64-bit system)
To install and run Transporter, you should have:
- 150 MB of available disk space and 2 GB of RAM
- A 2048 MB maximum heap size, by default
For more information on the qualification process, contact us.
Be sure you review your delivery to ensure it meets our guidelines and specifications.