Reporting and Availability
There are three types of reports available in Sales and Trends:
- Apple Music Reports include anonymized data about listener activity, demographics, adds and pre-adds to Library, and Editorial Playlist inclusion.
- Shazam Reports contain aggregated data, including date, artist, title, city, and storefront.
- Sales Reports provide aggregated and transaction-level activity for sales, pre-orders, demographics, and other anonymized data.
Streams and sales information is available in the Streams dashboard and Reports page in Sales and Trends at the approximate times:
- Daily reports are available the following day.
- Weekly reports are available on Mondays.
- Monthly reports are available five days after the end of the month.
- Yearly reports are available six days after the end of the year.
If a report covers multiple time zones, availability will be based on the latest time zone covered by that report.
Reports are available for a year after being delivered. Reports delivered beyond a year will be unavailable for download with the exception of yearly reports, which are saved indefinitely.
Reports use the following definitions for periods of time:
- A day starts at 12:00:00 a.m. and ends at 11:59:59 p.m. in the latest time zone for a territory.
- A week starts on Monday at 12:00:00 a.m. and ends on Sunday at 11:59:59 p.m. in the latest time zone for a territory.
- A month starts on the first day of the month at 12:00:00 a.m. and ends on the last day of the same month at 11:59:59 p.m. in the time zone for a territory.
- A year starts on January 1 at 12:00:00 a.m. and ends on December 31 at 11:59:59 p.m. in the latest time zone for a territory.
Note: Sales and Trends reports aren't based on the Apple fiscal calendar.
Each reporting country or region is grouped into a single reporting time zone based on location and specific to the territories covered by each agreement. These territories are grouped into the following time zones:
- United States, Canada, Latin America: Pacific Standard Time (PST)/Pacific Daylight Time (PDT)
- Europe, Middle East, Africa: Central Europe Time (CET)
- Japan, Asia Pacific: Japan Standard Time (JST)
- Australia, New Zealand, Papua New Guinea, Solomon Islands: Australian Eastern Standard Time (AEST)
If an agreement covers more than one territory, then reports will use the time zone with the latest time. Reports for worldwide agreements use PST/PDT.
Apple Music Earnings Reports
Your Apple Music Earnings Reports are available in Payments and Financial Reports. Monthly earnings reports become available up to 30 days after the end of Apple’s fiscal month.
Create a report
- In iTunes Connect, click Payments and Financial Reports.
- Click Create Reports.
- Select your Apple Music Reports.
Apple Music Cover Sheet Reports
The Apple Music Cover Sheet Reports show a line-by-line breakdown of your total royalty amount, the effective dates of the applied rate, and how we calculated it. The Apple Music Financial Detail Reports include a detailed summary of the royalty-bearing plays of your content during the period and the net royalty amount for each transaction. Use this report to see the royalty amount you’ll receive for individual songs or music videos. These reports are meant to be used together. To learn more about each field in the reports, see the Payments and Financial Reports User Guide.