What is a pre-order?
Pre-orders allow customers to purchase a playlist or single before the date of purchase. Once the playlist or single reached its sales start date the tracks download automatically to a customer’s library.
What is an instant-gratification track?
Instant-gratification tracks are available for individual purchase during the pre-order period if a customer pre-orders the album. Once the pre-order is purchased the track will download immediately or when any of the instant-gratification tracks pass their respective available dates.
How do I add an instant-gratification song or music video to a pre-order album?
An instant-gratification song or music video can be added to a pre-order album at any time before the pre-order start date.
Be sure to follow these rules before choosing a pre-order track:
- The sales start date must be at least one day in the future from pre-order start date you’re adding for the new instant-gratification track.
- All instant-gratification tracks or music videos must be cleared for sale in a pre-order territory, or they will not be available.
- The combined price of all instant-gratification tracks on an album must be lower than the album price by at least the price of one mid-tier song.
How do I add more instant-gratification tracks to a pre-order album in iTunes Connect?
To add an instant-gratification song or music video to a pre-order album:
- Go to My Music and search for the album you need to update.
- Click on the magnifying glass icon to view details of the album and to make a rights and pricing change.
- From the album inspect page, select “Details” for the track that you are looking to edit.
- Click Edit Track and change the Track Type.
- Click Save Changes.
- Choose Pre-Order Track Sales Start Date and choose a date at least one day in the future from the date you're adding the new instant-gratification song.
- Select a Track Price Tier (optional).
- Click Save Change.
You can also add instant-gratification tracks by delivering a metadata update with updated pre-order information.