Can I edit the Apple ID I use to sign in to iTunes Connect?
No. You cannot edit the Apple ID you use to sign in to iTunes Connect. You can only edit your first name, last name, and your email address as part of your personal details for your user profile in Users and Roles.
How do I create other iTunes Connect users tied to my content provider and edit information for current users?
You can do so by using Users and Roles section on iTunes Connect. If you are an Admin iTunes Connect user, you can create, edit and remove users of your provider’s iTunes Connect account. You can also manage the roles, territory access, change username or email information and assign email notifications to your current users.
You can create a new iTunes Connect user by clicking on the + button within the Users and Roles section. You can edit an existing user by clicking on the Edit button at the top-right of the page. You cannot edit your own user role or territory access but must have another Admin user for your content provider do this for you.
Enter the corresponding information for the user your wish to create or edit. The username you create is case sensitive and we recommend you use the user’s email address as the username. If the username that you choose already exists on another content provider account, you will not be able to use it again. If the username is already in use for another Apple account, an iTunes account, for example, you will be warned but will still be able to use this information; you would just need to sign in to iTunes Connect with your current username and password for that account. Your new username is called your Apple ID.
You will also be in charge of assigning roles, access and notification types to the new user.
- Admin: Access to all of iTunes Connect. Only Admin users can create, edit or delete other iTunes Connect user accounts. This role should be assigned to those in your organization who should have access to all iTunes Connect functionality, as well as the responsibility of administering other iTunes Connect user accounts.
- Finance: Access to the Financial Reports as well as the following: Agreements, Tax, and Banking, Sales and Trends, and Catalog Reports. Depending on your contract, they will also have read-only access to My Music, My TV Shows, My Movies, My Music Videos, and My eCopy. Finance users can only edit their own account personal information (first name, last name, Apple ID, email address) and notification selections. This role should be assigned to those in your organization who should have access to sales reports and to provide/view your organization’s financial information.
- Technical: Access to make content changes by filing tickets as well as accessing important iTunes technical and delivery information within the Advanced Specifications. Technical users also have access to the following*: iTunes Producer, Tickets, Transporter and Catalog Reports. Technical users can only edit their own account personal information (first name, last name, Apple ID, email address) and notification selections. This role should be assigned to those in your organization who should have access to set up, deliver and manage content.
- Legal: Access to Agreements, Tax, and Banking. The legal role cannot be assigned during iTunes Connect user account creation. To assign the Legal role to a new user, they must first be assigned another role, and validate their account. After their account has been validated, an Admin user can assign them the Legal role.
- Sales: Access to daily and weekly reporting, marketing and ad campaigns. Sales users also have read-only access to Catalog Reports.
- Read-only: Depending on your contract, they will have read-only access to My Music, My TV Shows, My Movies, My Music Videos, My eCopy, and Tickets. A Read-only user will also have access to the Catalog Reports on iTunes Connect. This role should be assigned to those in your organization who should have access to inspect the status of, but NOT initiate changes to, content.
Encoder: Access to the advanced specifications and Transporter*. This role should be assigned to encoding house contacts authorized to deliver content on behalf of your organization. It is designed for users to be able to obtain updated versions of iTunes delivery software, as well as the corresponding specs.
Note: the sections available to your organization may be a subset of those listed in each role description above.
When creating a new user, be sure to provide a valid email address, as this will be the email address we send your notifications to.
- Content: Send email notification when your content has been rejected.
- Agreements: Provides email alerts with contract status updates (for example, contract expiration warnings) or if more contract information is needed.
- Financial Reports: Provides email alerts when finance reports are available for download on iTunes Connect.
- Payments: Provides email alerts when payments to your bank are returned.
- Preorder Reports: Send email notifications assets are missing for XML-only preorders. These alerts will be sent eight days, five days, and three days prior to the release date of the preorder.
- TV Notifications: Sends email notification when a TV season has all episodes delivered ("mark complete request").
- Failed Upload Reports: Send email notifications when your content fails to upload to iTunes.
- Weekly Upload Reports: Send email for content that has been uploaded to iTunes during the week.
How do I change account permissions and roles for my iTunes Connect users?
Users and Roles allows you to control who in your organization has access to the various iTunes Connect sections. From this page, you can view users, create new users, and delete or modify existing user roles and notifications.
How does a user activate their iTunes Connect account and sign in for the first time?
New users must complete the following steps:
- To activate the account and create a password for iTunes Connect, the user must click the activation link in the verification email.
- The user will then be able to create their password.
- New users must provide their date of birth as well as a secret question and answer. This information will allow them to reset the password in the future.
- To access iTunes Connect, new users must accept the iTunes Connect Terms of Service.
- After accepting to the iTunes Connect Terms of Service, new users will be directed to the iTunes Connect homepage.
My colleague's Apple ID or password doesn't work on iTunes Connect. How can we fix it?
Apple IDs and passwords are case-sensitive. If a user forgets their Apple ID or password, they can look up the Apple ID and reset the password using the Forgot Password link on iTunes Connect. The new password applies to iTunes Producer as well as iTunes Connect.