Submit Your Ebook
Think you’re ready to send your book to Apple? Make sure you’ve done everything on this list:
- Check your agreement. In order to publish your book to Apple Books, you need an active Free or Paid Books Agreement. Go to Agreements, Tax, and Banking in iTunes Connect and make sure your agreement status is active and there aren’t any pending steps in the Action column.
- Prepare your files. When you’re ready to submit your full book, check your files to make sure they comply with our Apple Books Formatting Guidelines and Apple Books Asset Guide. You need:
- A Multi-Touch or EPUB book file (.ibooks or .epub)
- Appropriate metadata
- Cover art
- Screenshots (optional)
- Validate your book. Book validation is a final check to clear your files of any problems that may arise during the submission process. If you created your book in iBooks Author or Pages, it automatically goes through validations during the publishing workflow. If you created an EPUB in another book creation app, it’s a good idea to use an EPUB validator tool to make sure your files are free of issues. Learn more about book validation.
- Submit your book. Finally, choose how to get your book to Apple. If you created your book in iBooks Author or Pages, use the publishing workflow within the app to ensure we receive all required information and your books pass through Apple validations. Learn more about publishing with Pages or iBooks Author. If you used another book creation tool, use iTunes Producer or the Apple Books Publishing Portal to send your book to us.
Note: Book creation is moving to Pages. As of July 1, 2020, iBooks Author will no longer be available to new users. iBooks Author can still be used on macOS 10.15 and earlier, but there will be no new updates. Learn more.