Music Analytics API
The Music Analytics API is a flexible querying tool that produces aggregated, anonymized counts of listeners and plays across several dimensions obtained via the GET and POST functions within an endpoint. Learn more about this tool by reviewing the Music Analytics API guide.
Labels with more than 250,000 plays per month will have access to the tool. If your label has more than 250,000 plays per month and you do not have the Keys feature within iTunes Connect under Users and Access, contact us.
Access and setup
Legal and Admin users can add new users to the Music Analytics API by following these steps:
- In iTunes Connect, click Users and Access.
- A Legal user must accept the associated terms and conditions.
- Click on the Keys tab.
- Click the plus sign (+) to add new users and generate new API keys.
Recommended next steps:
- Perform GET requests on query paths to see all available data.
- Explore the Audience Engagement, Audience Overlap, and City reference endpoints to understand their output and applications.
Data privacy and limits
The Apple Music Analytics API will only return counts of listeners and plays after meeting a minimum threshold. Data is also rounded to the nearest 50th value (127,987 displays as 128,000) to balance providing insights and protecting the listeners’ privacy.
There are no rate limits currently, though it’s likely there will be in the future. Be mindful that your queries could impact other users in the same organization. There are, however, limits on how much content can fit within each query. Queries are limited to 100 Song IDs, 10 Album IDs, and five Artist IDs.
If you have any questions about accessing or using the Music Analytics API, contact us.