Resolve Platform Issues
Incorrect artist pages
Artist pages are a great first step for artists to promote their music. Due to our robust catalog, when an artist collaborates with multiple artists, it is possible for their music to mistakenly appear on an incorrect artist page. This can be resolved by modifying the Artist Apple ID associated with a release.
- In iTunes Connect, click My Music.
- Search for the album with the affected release.
- From the search results, click on the magnifying glass in the View Album Details column.
- In the Album Summary section, click Edit Metadata.
- Click “+Artist” to add an Artist Apple ID and the correct role.
- Click the red icon to remove the incorrect Artist Apple ID.
When you enter the artist name, a list of Artist Apple IDs will be available to choose from. If you are adding a brand-new artist you can request to create a new Artist Apple ID.
Inability to download previous purchases
All music available for sale on Apple Music and the iTunes Store is always available for download. Here’s some reasons why you may be unable to download:
- The music is no longer available for streaming or purchase on Apple Music or the iTunes Store.
- You have an inactive agreement in a specific country or region.
- A release has been uncleared for sale or streaming upon distributor or label rep request.
Negative customer reviews
Apple believes in the rights of customers to express their opinions within Apple Music and the iTunes Store in an unbiased and unfiltered manner. We honor the rights of our customers to freely share their opinions on Apple Music and the iTunes Store as long as they do not impact the credibility and the customer experience of the greater community. Only in circumstantial situations will we remove a user review. This includes, but is not exclusive to, behavior we deem to be offensive or inappropriate, and inaccurate or falsified reviews.
If you believe that music on Apple Music or the iTunes Store infringes on your rights, submit a claim via the iTunes Content Dispute form.
Music unavailable in China
Clearing your music and music videos for China doesn’t guarantee that they’ll be available on Apple Music. All music and music videos will be reviewed and approved before they’re made available in China.